LuaDoc is a documentation generator tool for Lua source code. It parses the declarations and documentation comments in a set of Lua source files and produces a set of XHTML pages describing the commented declarations and functions.
The output is not limited to XHTML. Other formats can be generated by
doclets. The format of the documentation comments
is also flexible and can be customized by implementing new
Please refer to customizing section for further
LuaDoc is free software and uses the same license as Lua.
Current version is 3.0.1. It was developed for Lua 5.1.
LuaDoc can be downloaded from its Lua Forge page.
LuaDoc depends on two external packages:
- Version 3.0.1 [17/Feb/2008]
- added support to @usage tags (thanks to Rafael Sabbagh Armony)
- makefile improved to follow kepler standards
- lualogging dependency is now optional
- added a rockspec file
- Version 3.0.0 [13/Aug/2007]
- update to Lua 5.1
- major internal refactoring
- Version 2.0 [14/Aug/2002]
- update to Lua 4.0
- Version 1.1 [31/Mar/1999]
- "DOS/Windows"-safe sources (no problems with "\r\n" line-breaks)
- new usage subsection
- Version 1.0 [15/Mar/1999]
LuaDoc codebase was designed and developed by Tomás Guisasola. Version 3.0 was refactored by Danilo Tuler and Tomás Guisasola as part of the Kepler Project, which holds its copyright.